Tuesday, June 01, 2010

My Summer Pies




Now that the month of June is here it is time for Grilling, Homemade Ice Cream and Summer Pies.I have already posted my Summer Deep Dish Peach Pie so now are you ready for my Blueberry and Rhubarb Pie.

You will want to keep the recipes on hand so you can bake for your next summer picnic or Summer Pot Luck. These pies will promise to be mouth watering and the talk of your desert table.
So get your pen and writing tablet out and start copying.

Always

Lydia


My Homemade Blueberry Pie








Blueberry Filling

You will need 3 pints of fresh blueberry (you can use frozen which I like to use)
2 lg size pasty ( find recipe for pie crust in my deep dish peach pie)
1/2 cup of UN cooked tapioca pudding
2tbs of UN salted butter cut up
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2tbs of vanilla


Mix in a large pot all of your ingredients place Pie Pastry in a deep dish pie plate put all of the filling in then cover with top pie pastry cover edges with foil and bake 350 until done
you might want to have a drip pan for all of your pies if you have a pie bird you can use that to help to vent your pies or cut slits or a hole the size of a quarter



My Summer Deep Dish Rhubarb Pie




Rhubarb Filling

1 lg pkg of frozen Rhubarb
3 cups of sugar
2tbs of UN salted butter
2tbs of vanilla
1/2 cup of UN cooked tapioca pudding


Mix all of your ingredients in a large pot
use your pie crust from my peach pie recipe
fill your deep dish pie plate
cover your pie with your final pie crust
cut a hole the size of a quarter or use a pie bird
cover edges of pie crust with foil
place a oven liner on bottom of oven
bake at 350 or until done

Note Rhubarb can be bitter so taste your filling when adding 2 cups of sugar I use 3 cups but I like my rhubarb sweet

I hope you enjoys these Summer Pies and stop by soon for my Homemade Ice Cream

Enjoy
Lydia




No comments: